Equal Employment Opportunity
Television / Broadcasting – VP / General Manager
What we are looking for?
A Vice President/General Manager who is responsible for all sales and operations for a television station. The GM is charged with providing effective leadership, direction and tactical approach to station business and community efforts. Responsibility to secure best practices in accordance with FCC regulations and licensing is also a part of this position. The General Manager is responsible to build strong relationships with business and community leaders and to be the main liaison with corporate office and network. This position is responsible for all staff and equipment assets; this is an executive position reporting to company’s CEO.
- Achieve revenue/budgets set by corporate in conjunction with sales management
- Give direction, and strategic approach for all stations business.
- Develop and strengthen station’s team
- Responsible for station’s over all signal quality and community image
- Build and improve station’s image and perception with clients and community leaders
- Responsible for station’s operations and sales end results
- Responsible for stations broadcast cash flow results
What it takes to be successful?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should have knowledge of the Broadcast/Media Industry; strong computer skills; be a self-starter; be motivated and resourceful; have good communication, organizational, and time management skills; ability to work with strict deadlines and under pressure while maintaining attention to detail; be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self starter, highly motivated and goal oriented
- Able to think strategically and orderly
- Working knowledge of FCC regulations
- Extensive experience in TV management
- Experience with TV sales, news, production and traffic operations
- Able to deal with senior management and high executive levels
- Creative and flexible are a must
- Great understanding of inventory management.
What you bring to the table?
- Four year degree in marketing, advertising or related field preferred but not required. Four years of experience in broadcast sales management (TV, Radio or Cable TV). Proven sales record is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Directly supervises Account Executives in the sales department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of sales management experience
- Knowledge of broadcast, television or radio sales
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and buying patterns
- Knowledge of working in unison with agency sales
- Ability to manage, motivate and drive sales staff to meet or exceed quota
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; Internet software; Email; Order processing systems and Database software.
What’s in it for you?
We offer unparalleled benefits to our employees. In addition to a fantastic compensation plan, we offer an excellent career path. As part of our partnership with Insperity, we offer one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including healthcare plan, long-term and short-term disability, holidays and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=709927
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Copyright | 2012 UVMTV. All Rights Reserved. |